[_] ISO 27001

Steve Exley steve.exley at mayden.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 20:43:14 BST 2013

iso27001 is very much suitable for small as well as large organisations.
The standards mandate processes for compliance, but the scope and
individual implementation is down to the company, usually it's much easier
for small companies to achieve as the scope is smaller.

There's a new version in the pipeline 'due' later this year.  In terms of
costs, I'm pretty sure I recently saw a flyer from this organisation
offering fixed price consultancy and certification to companies of less
than 20 employees for £10k.  I've not used them so it's not a
recommendation.
http://www.itgovernance.co.uk/iso27001_consultancy.aspx

A previously noted on _, 10k is a drop in the hat for the odd government
contract:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/it_spending_5#incoming-342582

Better still if you're international.
http://www.timeslive.co.za/scitech/2013/03/04/free-state-wordpress-website-worth-40-government-paid-r40-million