[_] Server Backup

Jon Free jon.free at wastesource.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 11:09:44 BST 2013

I am on Windows so I guess rsync goes out the window. I raised a ticket
with Jungle Disk in the end and they got back to me relatively promptly.
Turned out to be an easy fix to get it up and running again.

I still don't like it but if no one is raving about a service doing a
better job I guess I'm stuck with it for the time being.

Cheers

On 5 August 2013 10:26, Andy Gale <andy at salgo.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Jon Free <jon.free at wastesource.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'd rather work with a third part to be honest but Memset....
>
> Sure, if you want something offsite and you're not on Windows servers
> I'd suggest doing away with Jungle Disc and using duplicity with
> Amazon EC2 or Rackspace Cloudfiles (or the various other backup
> destination things it supports).
>
> A good how-to here:
>
> http://www.rsync.net/resources/howto/duplicity.html
>
> I've used it a few times so can help you set it up if required.
>
> --
> Andy Gale
> http://andy-gale.com
> http://twitter.com/andygale
>
> I'm available contract/freelance for web development work in PHP,
> Python or Perl. I can also help you streamline your development
> processes with Vagrant and deploy your web application to the cloud
> using automation tools such as Chef or Puppet.

Jon Free

WasteSource

07931 925257 | 0117 205 0259

wastesource.co.uk <http://www.wastesource.co.uk/?footer> |
@wastesource<https://twitter.com/#!/WasteSource>

Loft 3, Tobacco Factory, Bristol, BS3 1TF

Information in this email is confidential and intended for the sole use of
the addressee/s. Access, copying, disclosure or re-use, in any way, of the
contents of this email by anyone other than the addressee/s is
unauthorised. I accept no legal responsibility for the content of the
message. If you have received this email in error, please return it to the
sender.