[_] Server Backup

Jon Free jon.free at wastesource.co.uk
Mon Aug 5 10:23:24 BST 2013

It's dreadful.

There most recent blog is also regarding how poorly they feel they have
dealt with their customers over the past year which kind of backs up my
feelings. Promises that they are going to improve things but was written
over a year ago.

I don't think the Rackspace take over has done them any favours...

Surely someone else must have taken up where they left off?

On 5 August 2013 10:14, Russ Back <russ at fuel-digital.com> wrote:

> > Having looked for any degree of support to help me with this relatively
> > important issue I've found next to no way to actually get any. There
> > support site is dismal. And to be honest the application itself leaves
> > quite a lot to be desired these days.
>
> I've had fun and games with JD in the past. The product promises much but
> delivers less - you'd have thought that Rackspace would have kicked some
> arse when they bought them but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>
> I did see that they'd started a live support beta that might get you going
> in the short term: https://support.jungledisk.com/home. No idea if it's
> actually any good mind.
>
> On 5 Aug 2013, at 10:10, Andy Gale <andy at salgo.net> wrote:
>
> > Jon,
> >
> > Who do you host your servers with? Most companies bundle a service that
> you
> > could probably use for nothing and might just work.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Andy
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Jon Free <jon.free at wastesource.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I've been using Jungle Disk's Server Edition to back up a couple of web
> >> servers to S3 for a couple of years now but after I changed a few things
> >> around one of them will no longer back up.
> >>
> >> Having looked for any degree of support to help me with this relatively
> >> important issue I've found next to no way to actually get any. There
> >> support site is dismal. And to be honest the application itself leaves
> >> quite a lot to be desired these days.
> >>
> >> Does anybody use or can anybody suggest and similar/better service?
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Andy Gale
> > http://andy-gale.com
> > http://twitter.com/andygale
> >
> > I'm available contract/freelance for web development work in PHP, Python
> or
> > Perl. I can also help you streamline your development processes with
> > Vagrant and deploy your web application to the cloud using automation
> tools
> > such as Chef or Puppet.
> > --

Jon Free

WasteSource

07931 925257 | 0117 205 0259

wastesource.co.uk <http://www.wastesource.co.uk/?footer> |
@wastesource<https://twitter.com/#!/WasteSource>

Loft 3, Tobacco Factory, Bristol, BS3 1TF

Information in this email is confidential and intended for the sole use of
the addressee/s. Access, copying, disclosure or re-use, in any way, of the
contents of this email by anyone other than the addressee/s is
unauthorised. I accept no legal responsibility for the content of the
message. If you have received this email in error, please return it to the
sender.