[_] Unwanted Gaming PC?

Richard Barrell richard.barrell at teamrubber.com
Fri Aug 2 01:02:36 BST 2013

On 31/07/13 16:49, Mark Chitty wrote:
> afternoon all,
>
> Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have an old gaming PC knocking about
> they would want to sell?
>
> I'm not after something particularly hardcore (or new), nothing needs to be
> backlit in green neon. And I'm just after the box, and the key criteria is
> 3d fps rendering speed per £ (i.e. Unity, Unreal engine etc).

I've got a fairly fast machine lying around that isn't currently
working. You can have it for a nominal price, say £50, because I'm too
clumsy to fix it myself and I want it to go to a good home.

>From memory, it has (I think) a Core i5 2500, 16GB of DDR3 RAM and an
AMD HD6670 in it. At that price you should still be getting your money's
worth just by stripping the RAM and GPU into another machine even if you
can't get it to work itself.

The GPU will *slaughter* all of the HL2 games on high settings at
1920x1080 at 60Hz. I've had it running Dragon Age: Origins, Bioshock,
Just Cause 2, DX:HR and Mass Effect without breaking a sweat.

It runs Minecraft like Linford Christie.

I can't remember if there's anything private on the hard disks so I'm
not going to include them. You can go on ebuyer or amazon and buy a 1TB
disk for £50 and Win7 Home 64-bit for £70.

As far as I can tell, the motherboard is faulty. I have no idea why. I
don't have other machines to swap parts through to isolate the fault.
Since I can't get it running, I'm only interested in selling it as-is,
without any warranty. Also I'm only interested if you come and take the
whole box away. Don't make me stand around removing individual bits with
a screwdriver. ;)

Mail me if you want to give it a punt.

--
Richard Barrell | Developer | Team Rubber
www.teamrubber.com | Bristol & London, UK | +44 (0)845 680 0575

Rubberductions Limited trading as Team Rubber, company #04188685,
registered 35 King Street, Bristol, UK, BS1 4DZ.