[_] Train APIs

Steve Kirtley steve.kirtley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:32:50 GMT 2012

Hi Dan,

You may struggle to get the data for free - if it's in the same realm as
departure information / feeds...

That data is actually licensed for use by National Rail bizarely.
Not sure if they've lightened up - but they went through a spell last year
of shutting down apps / sites that used it without the licenses - see:
http://mocko.org.uk/b/2010/11/02/national-rail-have-killed-my-uk-train-times-app-still-dead/for
one such tale.

Also worth reading:
http://placr.co.uk/blog/2011/05/why-train-departure-information-is-not-currently-open-data/