[_] OT: decent budget compact camera

Martin Moore martin.moore at avbrief.com
Tue Feb 28 15:08:16 GMT 2012

I got a Canon Powershot sx130 is for under £100.

12Mp, 1080p video, big screen etc etc. Bought one as I have a wealthy friend
who knows about these things and has one!

It's bloody good - excellent pics, loadsa functionality too, from manual to
full auto. I think it's got a Ziess lens.

No viewfinder and takes AA batteries which can be a good thing.

But if you're looking at £200 ones you may be looking at DSLRs anyway!