[_] Add a description to a Git Repo

Joe Ray joeray123 at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:10:14 GMT 2012

Le 08/02/12 14:49, Dan Course a écrit :
> Is there a config I've missed to add a description to a Git Repo?
>
> We've just started using GitHub for mac (the app) which is lovely and simple, however, It keeps saying "No Description" for all our repositories...

Are you using it to interact with repos on GitHub itself? Repo
descriptions aren't a standard feature of Git - they're part of the
tools you use to interact with them (like GitHub/GitWeb etc.). With
GitWeb you put a description file in your repo's .git directory which is
then used on the web front end. Perhaps GitHub for Mac uses this too?
(See http://progit.org/book/ch9-1.html )

Joe