[_] Laptop battery lifespan

Steve Exley steve.exley at mayden.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 08:31:24 BST 2011

What are folks recent experiences of laptop battery lifespan??

We're starting to find that laptop batteries are dying after just 18 months
on our 2009/2010 hardware.  This is a mix of brands (mainly acer and dell),
and the use has been varied from heavy daily cycling to others than have
spent the entire time on the mains using laptop risers to keep them cool.

Our older laptops still hold a usable charge after 3 or 4 years.  What's the
deal with these newer ones?  Has Li-ion changed? Is it Windows7 or are we
being had by manufacturers?

Have any others found this?

--
  Steve Exley
 Technical Manager
 [image: Mayden]  Mayden | Manor Farm Stables | Biddestone | Wiltshire |
SN14 7DH  Tel: 01249 701100 | Fax: 01249 715785 |
steve.exley at mayden.co.uk<chris.may at mayden.co.uk>|
www.mayden.co.uk  [image: Twitter] <http://twitter.com/@maydentweets> [image:
Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayden/162138743809797> [image:
LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3674398>  This
email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the named recipient, you must not use, disclose,
reproduce, copy or distribute the contents of this communication; instead,
please contact the sender and delete this email from your system.  Company
information <http://www.mayden.co.uk/who-we-are/company-profile/> | Privacy
Policy <http://www.mayden.co.uk/privacy/> |
Disclaimer<http://www.mayden.co.uk/disclaimer/>