[_] Keyword searching

Thu Sep 1 16:08:39 BST 2011

On 1 Sep 2011, at 14:24, Oliver Humpage wrote:

> If you can get your head around it (I have difficulty), and can run a java server like tomcat, Apache Solr would do all of that without breaking a sweat. Faceted search (e.g. just show me products in category X) comes free too if you index your content in the right way.

Hmm, I'm thinking of using Solr or it's underlying engine Lucene, as we already run Tomcat. As an SaaS provider, we have many client databases - with Solr would you know if you could you use the faceted search for security to just show each client their own content (ideally allowing client selection of other facets within that) or does the system always allow the user to choose all their own facets?

Oliver Kohll
www.agilebase.co.uk / www.gtwm.co.uk