[_] Keyword searching

Oliver Humpage oliver at watershed.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 14:24:48 BST 2011

On 1 Sep 2011, at 14:18, Alex Bovey wrote:

> Any other suggestions or techniques for this sort of thing?  I've
> looked at Sphinx and whilst I'm sure that will help with performance
> will it necessarily solve the three problems above?

If you can get your head around it (I have difficulty), and can run a
java server like tomcat, Apache Solr would do all of that without
breaking a sweat. Faceted search (e.g. just show me products in
category X) comes free too if you index your content in the right way.

It's what we use on the new watershed.co.uk.

Oliver.