[_] Branding/customising WorldPay payment gateway pages

Drew Webber drew.m.j.webber at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:51:03 GMT 2011

Hi Keir,

On 25 February 2011 10:16, Keir Moffatt <hello at iamkeir.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently working on a WorldPay integration and finding styling their
> payment gateway pages a real PITA.
>
> Basically you can bring in your own header/footer and CSS file, but the core
> markup of their forms cannot be changed. What does this mean? Tables inside
> tables inside tables, with very unhelpful classes such as 'one' and
> 'width190' with no consistency of use (changing something on one page, mucks
> up another).

I've been looking at the same pages this week - thankfully I've not
been asked to perform any styling miracles - the limited customisation
options WorldPay gives you are sufficient in this case, so no
wrestling nested tables for me.

I'm not so sure I'd want them to allow it, but have you tried adding a
little JS? If the markup is too crappy for you to hang your CSS from,
perhaps you could augment it with a little JS to give yourself some
better classes etc... to work with (perhaps adding a class somewhere
based on the params in the URL, for example).

Not tried it myself - just a thought - I sort of hope they don't allow
script to be included... and you'd want it to degrade nicely if JS is
switched off of course...

cheers,
Drew