[_] iPad PDF wrapper App

Tom Gidden tom at gidden.net
Mon Feb 21 10:42:37 GMT 2011

On 21 Feb 2011, at 10:18, Tim Wintle wrote:

> Out of interest, do people actually like those effects?

I do like a little tiny bit of animation, even if it's just a split-second. For example, I'm not a fan of the 3D page curl in iBooks when you drag, but the ultra-fast curl when you tap is good. Without it (ie. the page instantly changing in one frame) it would be a bit sudden.

Anyway, my point actually was just that displaying a PDF on screen is trivial: use Core Graphics to display it as part of drawView:, or even just bung it in a UIWebView. However, unless the PDFs are single pages, _some_ interaction will be necessary, even if it's just tap-to-advance.

Tom

--
Tom Gidden
http://gidden.net/tom