[_] anti-virus recommendations

Paul Deane Paul.Deane at bbc.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 09:20:09 GMT 2011

IMO - If you don't want to pay, AVG is still very good. I use it on my
netbook and have never had any problems.

If you want proper control over what your AV does, like the ability to
turn off different elements, ESET is excellent.

Absolutely avoid Norton, McAfee etc. They invade every element of your
system, slow it down and are a bugger to remove. But are OK for your
parents.

Paul