[_] web based spreadsheets (was Fwd: Underscore Digest, Vol 90, Issue 26)

Mark Chitty mark.chitty at thisliquidspace.com
Thu Feb 17 13:45:57 GMT 2011

Hi Barry,

I'm almost done on a project which uses SocialCalc (
http://www.socialtext.net/open/index.cgi?socialcalc) to manage spreadsheet
data, it should let you do formatting but I'm not sure about validation tbh.
Each spreadsheet is stored as a string within the db and then manipulated
via javascript before being saved.

The site uses Drupal as a CMS along with the Sheetnode module(s) (
http://drupal.org/project/sheetnode) to integrate with SocialCalc. There are
additional helper modules within sheetnode to import/export with Google Docs
but I have yet to make use of this (outside scope for the moment).

The main downside is that the data is all displayed/manipulated via
javascript, so I've ended up writing a module that renders the data as HTML
within the page so it can be indexed by google et al.

hth,

mark

--
Mark Chitty