[_] windows emulator for a mac

Sam Urquhart sam at mrstth.com
Mon Feb 14 13:32:54 GMT 2011

On 14 February 2011 12:56, Rick Hurst <rick.hurst at gmail.com> wrote:

> As long as the macs are intel rather than power PC, and they have lots
> of RAM (at least 2GB, but the more the better), virtualbox will
> generally run a treat with xp or windows 7

Thanks Tim and Rick;
just reading through the details of installing VirtualBox and it seems
pretty do-able; looks like I'll need to download and install the
extension pack in order to read the db file off a USB stick, but
they're both recent and powerful macs, so with a following wind I
should be ok.

Wine looks interesting but I think this'll do it if I can follow the manual.
(and hey, it's IT. what could possibly go wrong, right? ;o)
Thanks again
-sam