[_] mac mini and router - first past the post

Ryan Maunder ryan at itech-net.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 09:00:35 GMT 2011

Without modifying the kernel/startup files (which is likely to be a proper
headache if possible) I can't think of a way of 'scripting' a delayed
startup however...

It is possible to buy a little extra time on bootup by 'not' selecting a
startup disc in 'System Preferences'.

The system first looks for netboot if no startup path is specified and takes
approx 10 secs longer than a 'selected' boot.

Best way to accomplish this is insert a bootable Mac OS DVD/CD, select it
for boot and then eject it. This might just give your friend the time he/she
requires.

I guess it might be possible to also script the Network Interface to renew
it's DHCP lease which might also work but that would be the more complicated
route.

Ryan

Ryan Maunder

Senior Engineer

24 North Street Bedminster Bristol England BS3 1HW | Tel: + 44 (0)117 963
8177 | Mob: + 44 (0)7852 186547

Registered in England No 5728793 | Registered Office: 24 North Street
Bristol BS3 1HW | VAT Reg No 879 5619 54

http://www.iTech-net.co.uk

Internet communications are not secure and therefore iTech does not accept
legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of iTech Networks Ltd.