[_] WordPress uploads and auto-updates (aka brain ache)

juan kennaugh contact at jkennaugh.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 11:42:21 BST 2011

Hi

I had that exact same problem the other week and there's lots of
conflicting advice.

My site is hosted on 1and1 and I had success setting these

upload_max_filesize = 32M
post_max_size = 32M
memory_limit = 32M

in the php.ini file - but it had to be in the wp-admin folder

but for these to work you may have to make sure that apache is set up to allow overrides to allow you to set these values to greater than standard.

I ended up sending an email to 1and1 and they provided me with the php.ini file - which didn't work cos it was in the root - but when I put it in the wp-admin folder it did work. So I'm not sure if the messed with apache to allow overrides or not.

Cheers

Juan