[_] Python job at University of Bristol

Rick Edwards rick.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 16:23:00 BST 2010

On 23 July 2010 16:16, Matt Hamilton <matth at netsight.co.uk> wrote:

> week:
> >>
> >> So a Postdoctoral position no longer requires a doctorate by the look of
> it?
> >
> > It's an assistant role I guess.
> >
> > Shouldn't you be sat in a field wearing *the* jumper, trying to direct
> > a solar panel at the sun while trying to get 3G coverage on a
> > datacard? :)
>
> Wrong Rick. ;)

Beat me to it!

Looks like I need to resurrect the old sig.

rick (not Rick)

p.s. Actually a postdoc research assistant isn't an "assistant" in
that sense it's actually someone who's got a PhD and usually a
first/second/third position after having completed their thesis (I've done a
couple!). I guess the assistant bit comes from the fact that you're
assisting some professor to get his name on a paper that you do all the work
for (hey I'm jaded). Though other than the title you'de never guess it's a
requirement for that job description which made me think maybe being a
postdoc don't actually require a doc anymore!