[_] Apache: Passing arguments to a CGI

Andy Gale andy at salgo.net
Wed Feb 17 17:40:33 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Hamish Atkinson
<hamish.atkinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there some easy #include <apachecgi.h> I could use to make this more
> painless? I don't want to install PHP on this server, or learn perl (yet). I
> probably can't mess with the Apache setup much if it may break some
> pre-existing APIs.

Everything you describe is exactly what happens when you use Apache,
CGI and a C program.

Stop what you are doing. It's a REALLY SLOW and HARD way of making CGI
programs.

If you must continue, use something like this:

  http://www.boutell.com/cgic/

But don't. I can bore you for hours about the time I wrote a webmail
client with full IMAP4 and POP3 support in C if you like. It wasn't a
good idea.

--
Andy Gale
W: andy-gale.com