[_] Trademarks

Andy Davies dajdavies at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:19:45 GMT 2009

2009/12/30 Thomas Buckley-Houston <tom at tombh.co.uk>

> Ho there,
>
> Can anyone give me the lowdown on trademarking a web application? How
> important is it? Also seeing as the internet is essentially international
> territory do I have to register a trademark in every major country?

Here's an example of a trademark for something that's a web app (essentially
a web based elearning offering for secondary education) but also has text
books associated with it. The brand logos associated with kerboodle are also
trademarked.

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tm/t-journal/t-tmj/journals/6784/domestic/2510521.html

For the international situation there's some guidance here -
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-manage/t-abroad.htm

Cheers

Andy