[_] Web Application Developer Contract. Aardman Features, Bristol.

Rick Hurst rick.hurst at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:04:42 GMT 2009

Web Application Developer Vacancy. Aardman Features, Bristol.

Aardman Features are looking to rapidly recruit a Web Application
Developer to begin work in early January at our studios on the Aztec
West Business Park, Almondsbury, Bristol.

We are currently in production on our latest feature film ‘Pirates’
and we are customising a digital asset management system built by OTC
Productions in the US to handle all of our digital footage and related
data. Please see the job specification below:

Project based contract for 2 months with the possibility of further
month extension.

Rate: Dependent on experience.

We are currently seeking a Web Application Developer to customise and
code interfaces as supplied by OTC Productions and the Pirates!
feature, and develop pages in consultation with crew based on the
functionality they require. You will put coded interfaces through a
rigorous testing phase and ensure that the system is de-bugged and
working smoothly for production departments. In addition facilitate
the smooth running of information through the OTC asset management
system, problem shoot and carry out programming maintenance on the OTC
system as required.

We are looking for someone with ideally at least 4 years experience of
commercial PHP and MySQL experience developing within a LAMP
framework. You should have experience of multi-tiered application
design and object-orientated development and familiarity with working
in object-relational mapping (ORM) systems. Experience of using
JavaScript/AJAX (particularly the JQuery/Prototype libraries),
familiarity within a Linux environment, specifically Debian and
proficiency using CSS to develop complex interfaces.

In addition we require an ability to communicate information with
clarity, a proactive approach to managing your own workload and proven
ability to overcoming obstacles that prevent workflow.

To apply please send your CV to Kate.Munkenbeck at aardman.com or call
01454 859000 ext 4257 for more information

***** No Agencies Please! *****

--
Rick Hurst, Freelance Web Developer, Bristol, UK
http://olivewoodstudio.com