[_] Headset recommendations?

Sam Ross s3d at mac.com
Wed Dec 23 12:07:29 GMT 2009

> Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:16:47 +0000
> From: Paddy Uglow <paddy at watershed.co.uk>
>
> Anyone got a fave headset, for the likes of Skype? Is USB the best bet (for
> use on mac with no audio input) or is bluetooth worth it (presumably
> batteries required in the latter). Decent quality second-hand suggestions
> that might end up around the 20 quid mark on eBay would be especially
> welcome. Mono or stereo would both be fine. Or maybe there's such a thing as
> a wearable mic that I can pair up with existing phones?
> - Paddy

I use a handsfree US Robotics 9610:
http://www.usr.com/products/voip/voip-product.asp?sku=USR9610

You don't need a headset, as it's both a mic and speaker, but there is a headphone jack if you want the other side to be private.
It's duplex, so no annoying delays between you and your caller and you can fiddle with your speaker/mic settings in Mac preferences to reduce interference, which I found to be a major problem with my previous Creative headset.

I can't remember how much I paid, but the use it's had over the past 3-5years has more than paid for it.
Sam