[_] Tuesday Funny

Rick Hurst rick.hurst at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 10:27:10 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Tim Marsh
<timothy.j.marsh at googlemail.com> wrote:
> really ? ..reflects badly on their developers?
> developer to developer its not pretty, but you show me a developer that
> hasnt delivered a site that they're not 100% happy with, and I'll show you
> someone who's either done one site, or who is buy me a lottery ticket please
> as you're bound to win it for me, lucky.

+1

What we also don't know about the dixons site is what monstrosity of
an inflexible e-commerce application it's written on. The amount of
times i've had to put in nasty hacks because I can't get at the
templates or other files I need to do soemthing the "right" way. Also
who said that their developers did the HTML/ CSS at all - judging from
the quality i'd guess that bit was almost certainly farmed out to a
non-technical design agency who let their jr web monkey do it. That's
how large projects usually work...

--
Rick Hurst, Freelance Web Developer, Bristol, UK
http://olivewoodstudio.com