[_] Tuesday Funny

Simon Loynes simon at firefriendly.com
Tue Dec 22 20:03:58 GMT 2009

+1 Tim.

Pretty much all of the sites I have build over the last ten years could have
been better, not that I don't try my utmost to deliver beautifully crafted
products. Unfortunately deadlines and budgets often dictate the result of a
given project. My own baseline for a site launch is making a site that
validates, is accessible as possible and ideally as semantically correct as
it can be. The real world just isn't that forgiving and from my experience
clients don't really care if you have used a table where you should have
used a div. They care about the deadline and the budget and not having to
deal with web developers...

Producing a good website is hard, it requires very talented people, time,
and quite often, a lot of money. All these things are in short supply...

It's only the little bit of professionalism that I have left that drives me
to produce a site correctly, but some times that can be a hard path to
follow. Still, a few of my clients rock, they let me push things a little
and spend the time where it's needed. I love them for that and they are
really the only reason I still do this for a living...

Merry Christmas! ;-P

Simon. (not really as down-trodden as that might have sounded)