[_] Tuesday Funny

Dave Sayer dave at bathdesign.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 16:36:48 GMT 2009

2009/12/22 Leo Pitt <leopitt at function-design.co.uk>:
> Anyone looked at the source code? I don't recollect seeing IE
> conditional comments being used so excessively... Surely there's got to
> be something a bit wrong with your XHTML and CSS if you need to fall
> back on conditional comments to that degree...
>
> Granted that in completely practical terms I can't think of an obvious
> problem with this technique for the site visitor, it does make me
> question the capabilities of the developers.
>
> Horrible ...

I saw a site the other day (can't remember which) that used this
method in the html. It's f-ing awful! They serve ie6 tables and
everything else tableless layout. It looks like an absolute bitch to
maintain and to me, really does reflect badly on their developers.

Cheers,

Dave Sayer | Bath Design
Web design & development with standards
mobile: 07702787436