[_] OT: large conference venues in Bristol

Rick Hurst rick.hurst at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 16:31:07 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Matt Hamilton <matth at netsight.co.uk> wrote:

> They could be good... but again they are quite far out the centre, and
> I really want somewhere within walking distance of the centre so
> people can explore bristol a bit and go out for meals and drinks etc.
> I'd rather not have everyone stuck out on a campus out of town.

I think being in the city is key to it - people can book hotels or
cheaper accomodation anywhere they like, but for many delegates the
opportunity to visit somewhere interesting and explore in the evenings
is a massive factor in whether they attend or not. It doesn't have to
be an actual conference venue though matt - remeber the plone conf in
vienna was in a nightclub - that was a really good venue, especially
the party on the last night where I remember watching two female
non-delegates wandering in and promptly back out when they were
confronted by the sight of an empty dancefloor and 300 mostly male
geeks standing round the bar!

--
Rick Hurst, Freelance Web Developer, Bristol, UK
http://olivewoodstudio.com