[_] Social networking software (was Elgg)

David Moreton davem at circle-interactive.co.uk
Fri Dec 18 16:05:02 GMT 2009

Hi David

What are you thinking of? Why not just do it with Drupal? (http://
www.doitwithdrupal.com/ might even have some inspiration... there are
videos of how to do Flickr, Basecamp, Twitter and YouTube)

Buddylist, Content Profile, Organic Groups, Invite, FOAF, Private
message, and so much more....

Cheers

David

On 18 Dec 2009, at 15:20, David Gilroy wrote:

> Thanks Christian, am looking at that now, looks like BuddyPress +
> WordpressMU might well do what's needed.
>
> Anyone else got any current favourites?  Doesn't HAVE to be Open
> Source.  Anyone worked with http://www.jivesoftware.com ?
>
> Regs....David.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:26:33 +0000
> From: Christian Wach <needle at haystack.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [_] Elgg
> To: underscore at under-score.org.uk

>>> I was waiting for that  :-)
>>

> Have you looked at:
>
> http://buddypress.org/
>
> Might be a good alternative?
>
> Christian

> This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
> by MailScanner at Circlemail and is believed to be clean.

Circle Interactive Ltd

Telephone: 0117 909 6967
Mobile: 07967 681713
www.circle-interactive.co.uk

Circle Interactive Ltd  is a company registered in England
Registered Address: 3 Dunkerry Rd, Bristol, BS3 4LD
Company Number: 05540067  VAT Number: 862693490