[_] OT: large conference venues in Bristol

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Fri Dec 18 15:47:50 GMT 2009

On 18 Dec 2009, at 15:15, Richard Dennys wrote:

> Or, alternatively you could do a Google search for "conference
> venues in
> Bristol" for which the number one result is:
>
> http://www.conference-bristol.co.uk/
>
> <http://www.conference-bristol.co.uk/>Run by Destination Bristol.
> Has all
> you need, I used this a lot in my previous life as MD of a
> conferencing and
> travel business.

Yeah I had a look there, but not much that fits the bill, only the
ones I've already mentioned. I was hoping someone might come out with
something a bit leftfield. I'm even wondering about ideas such as
marquees on the downs etc.

> Make sure you haggle on rates, hard, as they are all struggling for
> business, as well as payment terms.
>
> Also if you need negotiating overnight stays I still know most of
> the hotel
> GMs in the area and they would kill for a piece of a big city
> conference at
> the moment now the Radisson has just opened with room nights at £75
> for a
> double.

Ta for the info :)

> Don't use Ashton Gate, as it will put off any north bristolians /
> gasheads
> (assuming part of your audience is local)

No, Audience is far from local. Last time this was held there were
people from about 30 different countries there.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk