[_] OT: large conference venues in Bristol

Matt Hamilton matth at
Fri Dec 18 15:47:50 GMT 2009

On 18 Dec 2009, at 15:15, Richard Dennys wrote:

> Or, alternatively you could do a Google search for "conference
> venues in
> Bristol" for which the number one result is:
> <>Run by Destination Bristol.
> Has all
> you need, I used this a lot in my previous life as MD of a
> conferencing and
> travel business.

Yeah I had a look there, but not much that fits the bill, only the
ones I've already mentioned. I was hoping someone might come out with
something a bit leftfield. I'm even wondering about ideas such as
marquees on the downs etc.

> Make sure you haggle on rates, hard, as they are all struggling for
> business, as well as payment terms.
> Also if you need negotiating overnight stays I still know most of
> the hotel
> GMs in the area and they would kill for a piece of a big city
> conference at
> the moment now the Radisson has just opened with room nights at £75
> for a
> double.

Ta for the info :)

> Don't use Ashton Gate, as it will put off any north bristolians /
> gasheads
> (assuming part of your audience is local)

No, Audience is far from local. Last time this was held there were
people from about 30 different countries there.

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.           Understand. Develop. Deliver                             +44 (0)117 9090901