[_] O/T I-Max cinema

Tom Gidden tom at gidden.net
Thu Dec 17 02:42:30 GMT 2009

On 16 Dec 2009, at 23:59, Sam Ross wrote:

> Personally, I find it all depends on how the film was conceived. Films that were made with IMAX in mind (especially 3D films, whether they be the whole thing, or in part) work really well.

Also, the last James Cameron movie I saw was Aliens of the Deep on IMAX 3D at the Science Museum, and it *reeked* of "HEY, I'VE GOT A 3D IMAX CAMERA!"

Since Cameron has always been a massive 3D / IMAX / whatever new camera tech cheerleader and all-round nerd, I have a nasty feeling Avatar is going to be a great big chunk of "HEY, I'VE GOT A 3D IMAX MOTION CAPTURE VIRTUAL CAMERA!"

Happy to be proved wrong, but am not going to shell out for an IMAX trip for Yet Another Tech Demo. :)

Tom

--
Tom Gidden
http://gidden.net/tom