[_] Banks.

David Moreton davem at circle-interactive.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 14:05:25 GMT 2009

Nationwide
have nicely linked e-savings although currently risible interest rates
however you also get linked in views of any other savings/bonds/etc
you may have - all in one screen
are generally the lowest cost way of getting your hands on euros (not
sure about pesos)
no problems in over 12 years for me

David

On 16 Dec 2009, at 11:13, Tom Gidden wrote:

> Oi _,
>
> Barclays has pissed me off for what may be the final time.
>
> After informing them via the "Use Debit Card Abroad" feature that I
> was going to be in Mexico for two weeks, they decided to block my
> card while I was in Mexico, apparently because it was being used in
> Mexico.
>
> Since the other card I took with me (CaxtonFX) was having unrelated
> issues, this left me without access to money for a good chunk of my
> holiday.
>
> Barclays then refused to do anything about it unless I called them
> during office hours, because apparently the internet isn't secure
> enough to have an "I am me, so unblock my card" feature, but they
> think yelling my security credentials into a payphone in a Mexican
> town centre is.
>
> They then decided to rub it in by unblocking my card using the
> dates I entered in the "Use Debit Card Abroad" feature as a guide.
>
> This isn't the first time I've threatened a full-on flounce at
> them, either.
>

> Anyway.  Desired features:
>
> 1. Internet Banking usable on a Mac.  Non-negotiable.
>
> 2. e-Savings Accounts (or similar).   In addition to my current
> account, I have a few other accounts that I set up through their
> internet banking system for free.  I can transfer money between
> them instantly.  This lets me divide my money between personal and
> work, savings and my "tax pot".
>
> 3. A clue.
>
> Any thoughts and recommendations (or horror stories) ?
>

> Much thankness,
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Tom Gidden
> http://gidden.net/tom

> This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
> by MailScanner at Circlemail and is believed to be clean.

Circle Interactive Ltd

Telephone: 0117 909 6967
Mobile: 07967 681713
www.circle-interactive.co.uk

Circle Interactive Ltd  is a company registered in England
Registered Address: 3 Dunkerry Rd, Bristol, BS3 4LD
Company Number: 05540067  VAT Number: 862693490