[_] O/T I-Max cinema

Tom Gidden tom at gidden.net
Wed Dec 16 13:56:33 GMT 2009

On 16 Dec 2009, at 13:18, mike karthauser wrote:

> It is now part of blue reef
> http://www.bluereefaquarium.co.uk/bristol.htm

I'm no cinemologist (?), but I still have this feeling that more self-congratulatory, ponderous IMAX documentaries about how great the natural world is are not going to result in many bums on seats... far from filling the auditorium, I reckon.

I do hope "they" (ie. whichever committee is in charge of Bristol IMAX at any given time) figure this out:  maybe have the tree-hugging docus during the day, and the blockbusters at night?  Use the profit from the blockbusters to subsidise the "worthy" film schedule.

Is it just me, or do the Made-for-IMAX films tend to bore the tits off you too?

</philistine>

Plus, come to think of it... isn't Avatar a bit of a tree-hugging film, from what I've heard?  Maybe they can justify showing it that way.

Tom

--
Tom Gidden
http://gidden.net/tom