[_] Flash game - posting scores to a php scoreboard...

Richard Davey rich at corephp.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 13:34:03 GMT 2009

Hi Nick,

>> A very lightweight way to do this is to MD5 the score together with
>> some pre-arranged string the server and client agree on. Then send the
>> score plaintext along with the MD5 as "proof".
>>
>> Matt

> I would agree with this solution.

> Also I believe you can stop the php script from parsing if called by
> anything other than scripts on its server???

It would never be called by its own server though - the request will
come client side, from the Flash player itself. Just like a request
from a web browser.

Cheers,

Rich
--
PHP: http://www.corephp.co.uk - Zend Certified Engineer
AS3: http://www.photonstorm.com - Flash Game Development

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"