[_] Flash game - posting scores to a php scoreboard...

Steve Kirtley steve.kirtley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:27:31 GMT 2009

morning all,

I'm working on a project at the moment which (briefly) comprises a game
(flash / AS3) and a PHP scoreboard.

Basic idea - user plays game, submits email address / nickname, score
appears on scoreboard.

Now nothing particularly new here - but I'm wanting to try and make life
difficult for anyone inclined to fake a score.

At the moment the flash is passing the score to php using AS' sendAndLoad()
function (http post).

Anyone have any clever ideas to stop anyone just monitoring the network
activity of the game and just posting a score of their choice to the same
script?

Thanks,

Steve