[_] exclusivity agreements

Chris Heeney grungi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:46:57 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Rick Edwards <rick.edwards at gmail.com>wrote:

> Surely all they are asking is for you to turn down potential work from
> their
> competitors, potential being the key word here.

You would have to think on Rick's point here.
Who are there competitors?

For example let's say you were handling a used car lot.
There are bags of competitors here and you may be stabbing yourself in the
foot, so a higher rate is needed.

But what if the market was niche, like santa shaped butt-plugs (I'm in the
holiday spirit, can you tell?)
Well then an exclusivity agreement isn't too much of a problem is it and you
could probably still get away with a 5% hike.

Think how much the potential business is, if they list 5 companies say that
you'll do it for a % extra per customer.  So for 2 you might do it for 10%
extra to the net amount (5% per competitor).

Are they signing a deal with you for x amount of years?

These are the kind of things to think of.

Regards,
Chris