[_] jQuery losing the scope!

Dan Course dan at thoughtden.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 13:05:04 GMT 2009

Jon is correct.

When you send off an AJAX call it could take a few seconds to come back. The page has to be found, load up, process your bits, then print your result, which all can take a few seconds *yawn*.

So you need to set up an event listener in/from "success:" which should then set in motion your clever codey' bits to swap the bg image & video.

tips.
Use firebug > Net > XHR - view all your AJAX calls, timings and responses.
To see the time difference, put an alert on ln. 61 and it will definitely come in after ln. 74

thnks

dan course
technical director
077 90 138 323

• We just wrapped igFest 09! What the hell is it? Go and Play!
• Thought Den 'tough up' with the GI Joe Widget
• Our full Portfolio  - Viral, rich media, mobile...
• Thought Den News - All the latest R&D

ThoughtDen.
thoughtden.co.uk
digital curiosity