[_] SEO gone crazy

Joe Leech joe.leech at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:48:37 GMT 2009

> Does this seem a bit far fetched? Surely there are vast numbers of sites out
> there with menus like this that have awesome SEO regardless.

I'm working on a similar problem now with a price comparison website
I'm working on.  Their SEO dept have advised to go down the copy route
as what Google perceives as navigation is given a far greater
weighting in PageRank than copy.

So I agree with Tim, if the keyword density needs to be reduced do it
in the copy.  Also replacing the nav with images is gonna be a 'mare
to keep up to date.

joe

@mrjoe    joeleech.net   +447905 33 4163

Usability, user experience & IA