[_] Output Picasa web album feed through jQuery getJSON function

Dan Bramall dan at
Tue Dec 8 09:49:21 GMT 2009

There's probably a setting in Picasa I've missed or a variable I've omitted,
but I just can't pull in a JSON feed from Picasa using JQuery.  The URL I'm
getting works fine through the browser, but not through the JQuery code -
just nothing gets returned:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
	$(document).ready(function() {
		function(data) {
			$.each(data.feed.entry, function(item) {
				alert("something returned");

(I've tried both 'json-in-script' and 'json' as the alt variable - both work
through a direct browser call, neither work through the JQuery getJSON

Has anyone done this before?  I know there are jQuery plugins to handle
this, but they're really primitive and I need something a bit more flexible.
I would have thought it would be simple but alas something isn't right.
I've posted on the jQuery and Picasa boards and haven't heard a squeak.

Any help would be massively appreciated, thanks all...