[_] Gmail spam filter failing?

Richard Davey rich at corephp.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 14:07:44 GMT 2009

Hi Tim,

> On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 12:11 +0000, Steve Kirtley wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone else getting a lot more than average spam into their inbox
>> at the
>> moment with Gmail?
>> Usually their spam filter serves me really well - but getting around a
>> fair
>> number of messages into my inbox last few days..

> I think they're testing a new algorithm for spam detection - there's
> been a lot of spam on Google groups that I think they're trying to
> detect.

I noticed a lot more spam than usual over the past couple of days,
definitely. Their Google Groups lists are virtually unusable, so I
sure hope they sort that out.

Cheers,

Rich
--
PHP: http://www.corephp.co.uk - Zend Certified Engineer
AS3: http://www.photonstorm.com - Flash Game Development

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"