[_] Authenticode digital signing

Rick Edwards rick.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:56:40 GMT 2009

Hi all,

anyone know about authenticode digital signatures? We use a setup.exe file
to install our software and I'm trying to work out whether we need a
certificate for every .dll file or just the setup executable. I've read you
only need one certificate for a .cab file so can our exe be treated the
same? Not clear from the windows 7 logo website or Verisign. I'm a newbie at
digital signatures and google hasn't been much help in clarifying this.

Cheers

rick (not Rick)

deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin