[_] fat javascript and flckering

Ray Brooks ray.userinterface at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 3 11:16:22 GMT 2009

2009/12/3 Marek Wawro <marek.wawro at googlemail.com>:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I just had to solve problem of fat jquery webiste, on slow selver, which
> effects in nasty flicker (ie jqTransform)
>
> I did something like that:

>        <noscript>
>        body {display:block !important;}
>    </noscript>
>        <script type="text/javascript">
>            $(document).ready(function() { $("body").show(); }
> );
>        </script>
>
> Is anybody seeing any obvious flaws in that case, I tested that in nonjs
> browsers and IE6 +
>
> Marek
>

> --
> Marek Wawro <marek.wawro at gmail.com>
> website: http://www.flaber.net

well, the document onready only fires when the whole page has loaded.
so you will see a flicker in all browsers. the longer the document,
the longer you will have to wait for it to load, hence the longer the
flicker. as ie6 only (by default) has two connections, it will usually
take longer to load documents than other browsers, dependent on the
number of includes you have e.g. css/js/etc. there isn't really a way
around this.

FREE GAZA
www.freegaza.org