[_] Font embedding

Richard Davey rich at corephp.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 10:27:54 GMT 2009

Hi Thomas,

Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 8:54:40 AM, you wrote:

> It's so easy, I can't believe I waited so long to get into it. I would
> suggest getting on down to fontsquirrel.com, not only do they stock only
> embeddably-licensed fonts, but they've automated a whole fontkit thing, that
> contains the font(s) in all the relevant types, ttf, otf and eot (even svg I
> think!) _and_  provides the CSS! Font Squirrel FTW!

> I would personally say we're not quite there with cross-browser support, I'm
> seeing a few hiccups with the way in which font-styles (bold/italic) are
> being rendered, or not at all in some cases.

> But, yeah, I say go for it definitely.

I'd second that. We used it to great effect on two recent high traffic
sites with no serious problems. Thankfully the fonts were created
in-house, so we own the license to them, but the end result looks
wonderful and degrades just fine. We plan on using it on all future
builds now.

Cheers,

Rich
--
PHP: http://www.corephp.co.uk - Zend Certified Engineer
AS3: http://www.photonstorm.com - Flash Game Development

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"