[_] POLL: Should Underscore allow recruitment posts

Amias Channer me at amias.net
Tue Dec 1 13:16:49 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 12:55 +0000, Stefan Kruger wrote:

> This is a list for people in the south west, is it not?

ok fair enough that was a little short sighted on my part.

I still think we would do better to have a distinct jobs list,
its not hard to subscribe to another list and that makes it

a southwest IT jobs mailing list would be a very useful thing.

Having this other list might also help reduce the general
scatter gun spam and candidate phishing mails sent out directly
by recruitment conslutants as they would have somewhere
appropriate to send it without bothering indviduals.

This wouldn't preclude direct offers of work from people on
list at their specific company but if you are a professional
recruiter you should not be abusing a social forum.

Toodle-pip
Amias