[_] Drinks + skillswap tonight

Daniel Hilton daniel.hilton at
Tue Dec 1 08:50:39 GMT 2009

2009/12/1 Jon Bennett <jmbennett at>:
>> Hooray! Some good news, after all this very serious discussion.
>> Toolstation, the lovely are putting £100
>> behind the bar tonight at Watershed. So if you weren't coming,
>> hopefully the lure of free beer will now persuade you :) I'll start
>> the tab once skillswap's finished, around 8pm.
> Thanks to Toolstation for the free beer and Oliver for organising (and
> Marek for the lift to the station). Was good to put some names to
> faces (and catch up with futurites, old and current). Next time will
> get my act together earlier so I can learn something, not just the
> drinks. What is next btw, is it Drupal?

+1 And also thanks to Marek for his talk - Zend doesn't seem that
weird after all even though some of us Django people were like "but
you could write that in 5 lines" to some aspects of Zend. I guess
rails / cakePHP / Symfony / Lift(go check that out) people would be
the same.

Thanks to Oliver & Toolstation - much karma.