[_] new flash gotcha

s'unya sunya.dickman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:45:57 GMT 2008

Hello [_],

As I have just spent some time on this, thought I'd save y'all the time.

Adobe have made their filereference object more secure (with late v9 and
v10), which consequently breaks many apps that use it - like swfupload,
(flikr, wordpress). The file dialogue box can now only be spawned as a
direct result of mouse or key press, and not programmatically. So, if you
are programming something that uses the file dialogue, remember! And if you
are using swfupload in your apps. be prepared for some complaints, but never
fear, the latest betas of swfupload work around the problem. Implementation
is slightly different though.

           o                 o
               O   O   O
     o  o   O s´unya O   o  o