[_] Google Analytics javascript errors

Richard Davey rich at corephp.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 12:16:50 GMT 2008

Hi stefan,

> I've googled this one quite a lot and there doesn't seem to be fix for
> the errors analytics produces in ie6 & ie7.

> When the site i'm tracking loads it throws

> "a runtime error has occurred.
> Do you wish to debug?
> Line: 0
> Error: Object expected"

> Has anyone been able to fix this one?

I don't mean this offensively - but doesn't logic tell you that Google
may just have tested their JS on a browser as mildly popular as IE7
prior to releasing it?

I.e. whatever your problem is, it's almost certainly down to your
local implementation of it (or an error with your Analytics account?)

We've numerous sites running GA just fine across IE6/7/8/etc. A
problem of this scale would effect millions of people surely?

Cheers,

Rich
--
PHP: http://www.corephp.co.uk / Zend Certified Engineer
AS3: http://www.photonstorm.com / Full Gamer Alchemist

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"