[_] Plone/ Drupal for Transition Network Software Platform?

Rick Hurst rick.hurst at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:38:08 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Josef Davies-Coates
<josef.davies-coates at the-hub.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to continue the Plone/Drupal debate within the context of this:
> http://transitiontowns.org/TransitionNetwork/TransitionSoftwarePlatform
>
> Which do you think is most suitable for that? Drupal or Plone?

Personally i'd say Plone - as i've said before, I like both Plone and
Drupal but I think Plone is superior for intranet/ extranet type
sites, especially when it comes to using it for document and file
uploading and management (i.e using it to store files with
versioning).

On the other hand, if it's more a "universe" of seperately run
sites/blogs with centrally run management, Wordpress MU would indeed
be suitable.

--
Rick Hurst, Web developer, Bristol, England
http://www.rickhurst.co.uk