[_] New Website

Amias Channer something at amias.org.uk
Thu Dec 25 10:16:44 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 16:49 +0000, Oliver Humpage wrote:
> On 24 Dec 2008, at 15:02, Chris Keegan wrote:
>
> >   - Make it impossible to access the content directly (I assume
> > that's just
> >   a permissions thing?);
>
> Eh?
>
> If the viewer is able to see it, they're able to see it. If they get
> to it via http (even if the flash player grabs it for them), they can
> download it or view it directly.

you could make the webserver check the referer headers to make sure
its called from the right place but that is fairly spoofable .

You could have the flash only work if it was supplied the correct time
based encrypted key which could be generated serverside , although
this will kill your caching.

You could also make the server check for a time difference of maybe
1 to 30 seconds between the request for the containing html and the swf.

All of these methods will mostly piss people off , either you or the
user but thats what copy protection is all about.

Toodle-pip
Amias