[_] On your bike

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:50:05 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Christian Wach <needle at haystack.co.uk> wrote:
> What's more, it's flat :)

"There's one thing we often hear at Copenhagenize.com - "Denmark and
Holland only ride so much because the countries are flat..."

We're not trying to debunk the myth that the countries are flat.
Compared to Andorra, they are. It's true. The geographical features of
the two nations, and the two capitals have little to do with why so
many people ride their bikes here.

It is actually a historical and political issue. When the Bicycle
Revolution 1.0 swept the planet in the late 1800's and early 1900's
everybody, everywhere in the industrialised world, rode a bike. The
bicycle liberated women and it liberated the working class."
-- http://www.copenhagenize.com/2007/11/debunking-flat-countrybike-country-myth.html

Tim