[_] Bustededededed HDD...

Ben Butterfield Ben.butterfield at propellondon.com
Wed Oct 31 11:33:50 GMT 2007

Morning you lot,

It's me that has the duff HD this time. But, I am up in the big smoke,
so am unlikely to be able to take it to any of the local Brizzle places.

It is a Maxtor external 250GB HD that has been dropped from a height of
about 1 metre. Having got the actual HD out of the 'protective' case and
plugged it into a test rig, it doesn't sound like anything is spinning
inside. Just a couple of feeble attempts at boot time.

So... any ideas? Have we arrived on a general consensus of the best way
to deal with this sort of shennanigans?

Any advice gratefully received.

Love

B.x