[_] GMail and IMAP

Tom Gidden tom at gidden.net
Mon Oct 29 15:59:59 GMT 2007

On 29 Oct 2007, at 15:18, Tim Beadle wrote:

> On 29/10/2007, Steve Kirtley <steve.kirtley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As an aside - anyone else got a google account that still hasn't been
>> updated with the IMAP options? One of mine hasn't...annoyingly
>> enough the
>> one I want to use...
>> Have tried toggling language, pop3 off etc...
>
> I'm still IMAP-less, but I haven't tried changing to en-US.

I only got it last night, even after numerous language switches and
other permutations on Friday.

However, I've moved back to POP.  I'm just not particularly enamoured
with IMAP for my GMail account...  partly because all the GMail spam
gets pulled across too.

Apple Mail had a fairly big hissy fit when I added the account
though.  I ended up having to wipe half my GMail account (eg.
Underscore) just to stop Mail.app freezing up.

--
Tom Gidden
http://gidden.net/tom/